- Pennsylvania Department of Health Website Links
- Suspension of In-person HCQU Activities (update) - Based on current information and recommendations, the Kepro HCQU continues to suspend face-to-face meetings and trainings during the pandemic. Virtual technical assistance and instructor-led trainings are being conducted through Microsoft Teams. If you have questions, please contact the HCQU.
Health Risk Screening Tool (HRST)
- Residential Provider: To request additional, update, and/or removal of HRST users for the agency, please submit a revised or additional user spreadsheet to the HCQU HRST Gatekeeper (firstname.lastname@example.org), following the steps detailed in the HRST Best Practice Guide for PA Providers. New users receive HRST user profile credentials directly from HRS, via e-mail.
- Rater Requirements - Successful completion of the HRST Online Rater Training.
- Clinical Reviewer Requirements - (1) RN or LPN licensure, (2) successful completion of the HRST Online Rater Training, and (3) participation in 1-day HRST Clinical Reviewer Training session. Contact email@example.com for a current schedule of HRST Clinical Reviewer Training sessions and registration information.
- An RN must provide oversight for LPN Clinical Reviewers
- Supports Coordination: To request addition, update, and/or removal of HRST users for the agency, please submit a revised or additional user spreadsheet to the HCQU HRST Gatekeeper (firstname.lastname@example.org), following the steps detailed in the HRST Best Practice Guide for PA Providers. New users receive HRST user profile credentials directly from HRS. SCO users are encouraged to complete the HRST Online Rater Training.
The Kepro Health Care Quality Unit (Kepro HCQU) is contracted to support the efforts of the Pennsylvania Office of Developmental Programs (ODP), Administrative Entities, and provider agencies within the intellectual disability/autism (ID/A) service delivery system, family caregivers, and individuals with ID/A, to continuously improve the quality of life experienced by individuals throughout southwestern PA - Allegheny, Bedford, Cambria, Fayette, Greene, Somerset, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties.
Our goal is to enhance the health and wellness of people with ID/A through the sharing of information with individuals, agency and family caregivers, and community health professionals, thereby supporting the opportunity for individuals with ID/A to live everyday lives. To achieve this goal, we offer physical and behavioral health-related information that reflects current and accepted standards of care, evidence-based practices, and effective care strategies attuned to the specific needs of people with ID/A. This information is delivered in the form of training, technical assistance, capacity building activities, and general dissemination of informational materials and resources. In addition, information is offered in response to considerations generated through the Health Risk Screening Tool (HRST) process.
Keystone Peer Review Organization, Inc., is the service provider on behalf of Westmoreland County Behavioral Health and Developmental Services, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.